Nonlinear nonconvex optimization, mathematical signal processing and compressive sampling, numerical linear algebra, and computational biochemistry.
- November 8: Invited panelist on "How to Prepare for Your First Academic Position" at the Field of Dreams Conference in Phoenix, AZ.
- October 1: EXTREEMS-QED: Data-Enabled Science and Computational Analysis Research, Training and Education for Students (DESCARTES) Program applications open (see here).
- August 15: Invited talk at the Workshop on Multiscale Modeling and Computation of Nano-Optics, Michigan State University
- August 8: Campus-wide Undergraduate Research Symposium and end of the ARCHIMEDES Summer REU Program.
- July 24: Invited lecture at the Pacific Math Alliance PUMP: Preparing Undergraduates through Mentoring at Cal Poly Pomona University.
- July 8: SIAM Annual Meeting Mini-symposium MS74: Expeditions in Training, Research, and Education for Mathematics and Statistics through Quantitative Explorations of Data. Organizer: Roummel F. Marcia
- June 9: Start of the ARCHIMEDES Summer REU Program.
- May 9: Congratulations to Math 24 Teaching Assistnat, Jane Hyo Jin Lee, for receiving the 2013-14 School of Natural Sciences Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award.