Wan Du Department of Computer Science and Engineering School of Engineering The University of California, Merced Address: #208, SE2, 5200 N. Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343 Email: wdu3 AT ucmerced.edu
I am looking for Postdoc researchers and highly-motivated PhD students. Please find details here.
Dr. Wan DU joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at UC, Merced in 2017. Before moving to Merced, he had worked as a research fellow at Nanyang Technological University for 5.5 years in Singapore. He received his Ph.D degree from University of Lyon (Ecole Centrale de Lyon), France, and his Master and Bachelor degrees from Beihang University, China.
Internet of Things, Mobile Computing, Data Analytics, Cyber Physical Systems, and Networked Embedded Systems.
CSE150 – Operating Systems: Fall’18, Fall’19 (Syllabus)
EECS250 – Advanced Topics in Computer Systems: Spring’18, Spring’19 (Syllabus), Spring’20 (Syllabus)
RECENT PUBLICATIONS (Full list)
- Miaomiao Liu, Xianzhon Ding, and Wan Du, “Continuous, Real-Time Object Detection on Mobile Devices without Offloading”, in IEEE ICDCS, 2020. PDF
- Yaoqing Liu, Laurent Njilla, Anthony Dowling, and Wan Du, “Coupling LoRa with NDN for Long-Range and Information-Centric Communication”, in the 29th Wireless and Optical Communications Conference (WOCC), 2020.
- Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram, Wan Du, and Zhiwei Zhao, “A Survey on LoRa Networking: Research Problems, Current Solutions and Open Issues”, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 2019. PDF
- Xianzhong Ding, Wan Du and Alberto Cerpa, “OCTOPUS: Deep Reinforcement Learning for Holistic Smart Building Control”, in ACM BuildSys, 2019. PDF
- Zhihao Shen, Kang Yang, Wan Du, Xi Zhao, and Jianhua Zou, “DeepAPP: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Framework for Mobile Application Usage Prediction”, in ACM SenSys, 2019. PDF. code&data.
- Weifeng Gao, Wan Du, Zhiwei Zhao, Geyong Min, and Mukesh Singhal, “Towards Energy-Fairness in LoRa Networks”, in IEEE ICDCS, 2019. PDF, code.
- Panrong Tong, Wan Du, Mo Li, Jianqiang Huang, Wenqiang Wang, and Zheng Qin, “Last-Mile School Shuttle Planning With Crowdsensed Student Trajectories”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2019.
- Zhihao Shen, Wan Du, Xi Zhao, and Jianhua Zou, “Retrieving Similar Trajectories from Cellular Data at City Scale”, arXiv preprint arXiv:1907.12371 (2019). PDF
- Jie Liu, Jiawen Liu, Wan Du, and Dong Li, “Performance Analysis and Characterization of Training Deep Learning Models on Mobile Devices”, IEEE ICPADS 2019. PDF
- Chi Lin, Chunyang Guo, Wan Du, Jing Deng, Lei Wang, and Guowei Wu, “Maximizing Energy Efficiency of Period-Area Coverage with UAVs for Wireless Rechargeable Sensor Networks”, in IEEE SECON, 2019. code&data
- Chi Lin, Zhi Shang, Wan Du, Jiankang Ren, Lei Wang and Guowei Wu, “CoDoC: A Novel Attack for Wireless Rechargeable Sensor Networks through Denial of Charge”, in IEEE INFOCOM , 2019. code&data
- Zhenfeng Shao, Linggang Wang, Zhongyuan Wang, Wan Du, and Wenjing Wu, “Saliency-Aware Convolution Neural Network for Ship Detection in Surveillance Video”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, January 2019. data.
- IEEE INFOCOM 2020 (Distinguished TPC member), 2019, 2018 (Distinguished TPC member).
- IEEE ICDCS 2020, 2018, 2017.
- IEEE MASS 2020, 2019.
- IEEE VTC-Fall 2019
- IEEE SMARTCOMP 2019.
- IEEE ICESS 2019.
- IEEE ICCCN 2019, 2018.
- EWSN 2019.
- IEEE ICPADS 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014.
- IEEE SECON 2018.
- IEEE Globecom 2018.
Organization of Conferences or Workshops
- TPC Co-Chair:
- Publicity Chair:
- Workshop Co-chair: IEEE UIC 2018.
- Kang Yang (PhD student, 2020-)
- Xianzhong Ding (PhD student, 2018-)
- Miaomiao Liu (PhD student, 2018-)
- Haiqiao Wu (visiting PhD student from BIT, 01/2019- )
- Distinguished TPC member, IEEE INFOCOM, 2020.
- Distinguished TPC member, IEEE INFOCOM, 2018.
- Exemplary Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2018, 2017.
- IoT OpenInnov Challenge Winner, by ENGIE and SIGFOX, 2016.
- Best Paper, ACM SenSys 2015 (Wan Du, Jansen Christian Liando, Huanle Zhang and Mo Li).
- Best Demo, IEEE SECON 2014 (Wan Du, Mo Li, Zikun Xing, Bingsheng He, Lloyd Hock Chye Chua, Zhenjiang Li, Yuanqing Zheng, and Pengfei Zhou).
- Best Paper, ICSNC 2010 (Wan Du, Fabien Mieyeville, and David Navarro).