Selected Seminar and Conference Talks
- University of Utah, ``First-order-like phase transition and Kerr nonlinearity in
coupled superconducting quantum circuits'', August 2011
- KITPC program on Atomic Physics in Superconducting Systems, talk ``Quantum engineering of artificial atoms in superconducting devices", May - June 2011, Beijing
- UC Berkeley, ``Quantum many-body effects and quantum engineering in artificial atomic systems'', March 2011
- Fourth International Conference on Solid-state Quantum Computing, ``Circuit QED of a Quantum Ising Chain: Bistable Regime and Sudden Phase Switching
'', Dec. 2010, Shanghai
- KITP Conference on Out of Equilibrium Quantum Systems, tentative title ``From circuit QED to mechanical cooling: TLS fluctuators in solid-state resonators'', August 2010, Santa Barbara, CA
- National Taiwan University, summer mini-course ``Superconducting Quantum Devices: Qubits, Quantum Optics, and More'', July 2010
- KITP Program on Quantum Information, ``Superconducting Resonators and Their Applications in Quantum Engineering'', Nov 2009, Santa Barbara, CA
- University of Oregon, Optics Seminar, ``Mesoscopic quantum systems: from quantum engineering to quantum many-body physics
'', Oct. 2009
- University of California, Merced, Applied Math and Physics Colloquium, ``Quantum Engineering of Nanomechanical Systems'', Sept. 2008.
- Applied Superconductivity Conference, talk ``Eective Interaction between Low-Frequency Fluctuators inside a Josephson junction", August 2008, Chicago
- Gordon Research Conference on Mechanical Systems at the Quantum Limit, invited talk, ``Quantum entanglement and quantum teleportation of nanomechanical resonators in solid-state network", Feb. 2008, Ventura, CA
- University of California, Berkeley, Quantum Information Seminar, ``Cavity QED of the low-frequency fuctuators in the Josephson junction tunnel barrier'', Sept. 2007, invited talk.
- Stanford University, Applied Physics seminar, ``Quantum information processing with mesoscopic quantum resonators'', May 2006, invited talk.
- QUEST conference, ``Mesoscopic and nanoscale quantum information processing with quantum optics", August 2005, Los Alamos National Laboratory, invited talk.
- Conference on Entanglement and Transfer of Quantum Information, ``Interfacing quantum optical and solid state qubits'', Sept. 2004, Newton Institute, Cambridge University, Britain, invited talk.
- ITAMP workshop on Mesoscopic Physics, Quantum Optics and Quantum Information, ``Connecting quantum optical systems with mesoscopic systems'',
May 2004, Harvard University, invited talk.
- Univ. of Munich, Festkorpertheorie-Seminar, ``Quantum Computing with Atomic Josephson Junctions'', May 2003, invited talk.