Standards-based reforms in Three StatesQuestions about state standards-based reforms for English language learners.
(click on a question to get a comparison across states)
- What are the criteria for identification of an English language learner (ELL)?
- What is the criteria for reclassification of ELL student as fluent English proficient (FEP)?
- Are there any special content standards for ELLs?
- Are there any special performance standards for ELLs?
- What test is used?
- Is there test information on reliability / validity?
- What is the policy on accomodation?
- What is the policy on disaggregated reporting of outcomes?
- What are the outcomes for ELLs?
- What conclusions are justified?
Return to States' policies
-> Policy ->